Monday, January 9, 2012

'Leftovers' is a dirty word

For some reason, I just don't really like eating leftovers.  I know there are some people who have a day in the week set aside just to clean out their fridge and eat all the old stuff in there, and I'm definitely not one of those.  I'm not against taking last night's dinner for lunch at work, but to try and present last nights, or TUESDAY night's dinner AS dinner, I'm out of there and I'm looking for some Chef Boyardee!
I'm sure that most leftovers taste great, but I think for me, what it really is, is that I just want to be able to make something fresh and new.
Some things do taste better after a day, like homemade Chili beans, and Beef Stew.  But something like Macaroni and Cheese, it's better served right out of the oven.
I confess though that Chinese food and pizza are the BEST leftovers, and I wont turn my nose up to those.  When it comes to both, I love crouching in front of the open refrigerator and eating cold Chinese food with my fingers. I like my pizza cold too.  No warming for me, thank you.  My mom always yells at me that I'm going to get heartburn eating cold food, but I'm willing to take the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment