Friday, September 16, 2011

The Origin

I really love watching cooking shows.  As a kid I would watch Yan Can Cook, with Martin Yan.  He was amazing.  His energy, and passion really made food fun.  I loved the idea of making something from nothing, and then DEVOURING it!  There's something really special about making food that I've always had a passion for.  about 15 years ago, I took my first cooking class in middle school.  I remember we were tasked with making a Pizza.  We had to roll out the dough, put the sauce, the cheese and pepperoni.  Nothing fancy, just a regular pizza.  Somehow the girls in my group and I wanted to get creative and show off for our teacher.  At the end of class we were to hand in a slice, and be graded according to taste, texture, and appearance.  Well, we made sure to impress.  we layered the cheese and pepperoni, about 3 times and it made a sensational pie.  We got A pluses, and huge egos.  It was such a good feeling that something was awakened inside me.  Something that said to go for it.  So then in high school, I decided to take a Foods class.  Well, by the time I graduated I was in deep.  I never wanted to go to culinary school though.  The idea of working in a sweltering restaurant kitchen never really appealed to me.  Cooking at home for my family was more my style.  And writing about it was really what I wanted to do, and I guess that's what I'm doing now.  Trying to satiate a thirst that I've had for the last decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment